2013-06-23

Sunday Snippet: Missing You

This was supposed to originally be for a prompt project I'm working on this month, but it fell off the bandwagon. Since - after counting - it turned out to be six sentences long, I saved it for today.

It's been five years, three months and twelve days since I last saw him.

Well, in the flesh at least; last night he came to me, his beauty marred by the blood pouring from a head wound. His deep blue eye gazed at me with affection, even as his face collapsed into itself, spraying out the back side of it. His hands brushing over me, the two withered fingers he still had breaking at the gentle caress. It was heaven, mingled with hell.

I can't help but hope he comes back to me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Please take a moment to leave your impression.