2013-05-12

Sunday Snippet: Out of Time


Another Sunday, another snippet.

This one's inspired by a common event I suffer through each day, and I'm sure I'm not the only one to have gone through this. Hope it brings a smile to your face, if you've ever been in this situation!


I feel my legs tensing up, but I can't stop now. I ran out of breath three blocks ago, and yet I'm still going. Cars blare their horns at each other, signaling that it's rush-hour. I keep going, hearing the roar behind me that I must outrun. Relief is in sight, and I push harder, my vision tunneling to my ultimate goal. As I smack my hand against the pole, the screeching roar of the brakes can be heard, and the bus doors invite me in.

Today's prompt was "Bus."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Please take a moment to leave your impression.