2013-05-05

Sunday Snippet: Marked

So as I was wracking my brain, trying to think of a snippet to write (as I already missed last week...) Ro tossed out an idea.

I thought it was brilliant, so I rolled with it.

And without further ado, here you go!

“It’ll only hurt for a little,” Jessie promised me, the long metal rod grasped tightly in her hand. But it wasn’t the rod I was staring at; no, it was the end of it I couldn’t take my eyes off. Glowing red with the heat of the flames it had been sitting in, it moved closer to my exposed stomach. As it pressed against my flesh, I could smell burning meat, and I let the scream come freely, my eyes blurring with tears. She pulled it away after what felt like forever, and right away her arms wrapped around my neck, offering me comfort.

“Now, you’ll always be mine,” she whispered into my ear, brushing her fingers across the charred flesh.
If you were curious, the prompt she gave me was "Branding." This was rather nice, ne?

Drop a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Please take a moment to leave your impression.