2012-10-29

The Month of Mayhem

November's right around the corner, and for those who are in the know, it's also the most important month for writer's who want to drive themselves insane-- I mean, push their limits! That's right, it's National Novel Writing Month!


So what is National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo, or NaNo)?
NaNo is a very special time of the year, when flocks of writers who've lost all common sense join together to write 50,000 words in only 30 days.  It is also the month where munchies and coffee vanish in large quantities from grocery suppliers nationwide!

Why do NaNo?
Because how else would I spend my November?  Honestly, I love the challenge, the pace, and the fact that I literally don't have time to spare for editing and perfecting; it forces me to do a rough draft first, then I can take my time editing to my hearts content.

~*~

This is my 7th year participating in NaNo, and I've actually registered officially for it this time. I'll keep you updated on the progress, while trying to get you some semi-regular updates, so wish me luck!

M. Hendrix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is appreciated! Please take a moment to leave your impression.